About Me

My photo
I am a mother of one with a background in public relations and communications, and a degree in Psychology. Before becoming a mom I was very career focused and traveled across Canada working for the Canadian Forces before moving to a job with the Yukon government in order to settle down. This blog is about my transition from working bee to full-time mom and maybe back again. It's also about what it means to be a mom and a home maker.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mom,

I never understood how much you love me until I held my own daughter in my arms.

I didn't realized how important being a mom was to you until I started to struggle with my own identity as a mother, holding myself to your standard.

I never really understood what you meant when you said your children were the most important thing in your life until Kaitlyn became the most important thing in mine.

I never appreciated the pride that you had in all of my accomplishments until my daughter started to reach her own small milestones.

I am just starting to realize how much of yourself you have given me, through sleepless nights, crying sessions that leave you feeling helpless and so, so many messes to clean up. I know this is just the beginning and there is so much more to come.

But now I am beginning to understand where all of your patience and unconditional love came from. It's all part of being a mom.

So, for the first time with a true understanding of just what I'm saying, Thank You. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done and all that you have given me.

Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that was really touching. I hope your mom reads your blog. Happy first Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you too! She does read my blog, when I let her know there's something on here to read :)

    ReplyDelete