About Me

My photo
I am a mother of one with a background in public relations and communications, and a degree in Psychology. Before becoming a mom I was very career focused and traveled across Canada working for the Canadian Forces before moving to a job with the Yukon government in order to settle down. This blog is about my transition from working bee to full-time mom and maybe back again. It's also about what it means to be a mom and a home maker.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two Big Announcements

Here's an exclusive for my blog readers that I have been patiently waiting to post. Keith and I are very excited to announce that we are expecting baby #2! That's right, Kaitlyn is going to be a big sister around November.

Our other big announcement is that baby #2 (we will have to come up with a better nickname) will be born in Victoria, BC. After six years for me, and 31 years for Keith, we've had enough of the very long winters and are headed for the beach! We are abandoning the daily slog so that Keith can go to school and I can be an at-home mom for at least a couple of years. It's a big adventure and it's a bit scary but we have lots of friends and family on the island so it's not as scary as when I first moved up here all on my own.

I know, all you northerners are thinking "but what about the rain!" and I'll tell you that I have missed the rain every single winter since I've been here. What can I say, I'm a West Coast girl. And for Keith, the opportunity to pursue education and live in a different town is likely going to be life-changing, just like coming North was for me.

The next few months are going to be intensely busy as we wrap up our commitments here, pare down our belongings and perhaps get the house ready to sell. Part of me wants to keep it, just in case we come back, but I believe in giving 100% to whatever adventure we take on, so on the market it goes.

We both can't wait to be close to the water, closer to where we really want to be in life, and of course closer as a family as we welcome our new addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment