About Me

My photo
I am a mother of one with a background in public relations and communications, and a degree in Psychology. Before becoming a mom I was very career focused and traveled across Canada working for the Canadian Forces before moving to a job with the Yukon government in order to settle down. This blog is about my transition from working bee to full-time mom and maybe back again. It's also about what it means to be a mom and a home maker.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vegucation isn't working

I officially declare the end of our attempt at vegetarianism. Two weeks of a grumpy, hungry family is enough for me. The simple fact is that even though we both want to eat more ethically, we don't have the knowledge or resources to make this switch right now. And we don't have enough time to do the research we need to do.

We weren't getting enough protein or fat in our diets and let's be honest, getting a baby to eat vegetables can be a really frustrating experience sometimes, especially after daycare has let her fill up on crackers. We will still incorporate some vegetarian meals in our routine, and I'm sure that I will still feel just a little guilty when I buy mass-produced meat but until we get to a place where other choices are more accessible, it's back to meat for us! Unfortunately, getting Kaitlyn to eat meat is also a really frustrating experience sometimes. What kid doesn't like deer shepherd's pie?!

Kaitlyn enjoying Easter dinner at grannie's house. That bowl is full of veggies!

1 comment:

  1. Two words, from this ex 12-yr vegetarian:

    Meat good. :D

    ReplyDelete