About Me

My photo
I am a mother of one with a background in public relations and communications, and a degree in Psychology. Before becoming a mom I was very career focused and traveled across Canada working for the Canadian Forces before moving to a job with the Yukon government in order to settle down. This blog is about my transition from working bee to full-time mom and maybe back again. It's also about what it means to be a mom and a home maker.

Friday, March 1, 2013

The best baby cookies ever!

I've been sharing this recipe around a lot lately because it has become my absolute favourite after daycare treat for Kaitlyn, and last minute breakfast option for myself. The recipe was passed on to me by a friend and I've been making my own additions and changes. You can find the original digital version from allrecipes.com here. The key is to make the cookies small and flatten them out a bit so that they cook properly.

"Healthy" Banana Cookies

3 very ripe bananas (the riper the sweeter)
2 cups rolled or quick oats
1 cup dates, dried figs or any other dried fruit
1/3 cup vegetable or grapeseed oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
(My optional additions)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 to 1 cup ground nuts

Mash bananas in a bowl. Mix in all the rest of the ingredients and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoon onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The bottoms will be quite brown as the sugar from the bananas caramelizes.

Enjoy!
Photo courtesy of allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment