About Me

My photo
I am a mother of one with a background in public relations and communications, and a degree in Psychology. Before becoming a mom I was very career focused and traveled across Canada working for the Canadian Forces before moving to a job with the Yukon government in order to settle down. This blog is about my transition from working bee to full-time mom and maybe back again. It's also about what it means to be a mom and a home maker.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Kaitlyn goes sledding!

We've had really great weather here lately and we finally had the winning combination of warm(ish) weather and no sick peole in the house, so we took Kaitlyn out for her first sledding experience. She loved the first two runs but as you can see, the wind was blowing pretty hard so she got tired of that rather quickly.


I'm not one to be deterred by poor location so the next day while Kaitlyn was napping I built a kid-sized sledding hill in our backyard. We tried it out and when I asked if she wanted to go again, I got a big smile and a great big "Yeah!" Finally, we're having some outdoor fun this winter!

Getting ready for our first run on the home-made hill.


Success! Kaitlyn loved the short ride and the lack of wind.
I should probably mention that the making of the sled hill was only possible because Keith's been shoveling all the snow off the deck into a huge pile all winter long. All I did was pack it down with snowshoes and run the sled down the hill through the powder a bunch of times, tough work for a girl who loves sledding!

No comments:

Post a Comment